Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Desert Banner Hospital

So, friday i went and got a barium swallow... never want one EVER again... i was fine that day, and even went to school... Saturday i went to my friend Tyra's wedding in St. Johns, which is seriously smaller than a walmart... no joke. well on the way home, my stomach/lower abdomen started to really hurt, i passed out because i hurt and i was really tired. we got home/back to brets round 3 or 4ish. church was at 9... bret stayed up most of the night working on his talk due that next morning. woke up, got ready for church/choir and ya.. it didnt hurt anymore, well... it did, but not much. choir was ok, but i hurt.. then i sat in the back during sacrament and thats when it started to hurt, a heck of a lot more... so after sacrament i went up to bret, trying not to cry mind you, and told him i needed to be taken home, now. so he took me and like 2 secs after he left, mom had me call him and tell him to come back and take me to either the ER or to urgent care. bret choose the ER after talking to Megs, a good friend of ours, she is a RN in PHX. Well we went to the WORST possible place ever, Desert Banner Hospital... went in at oh, 11am and got out round 10pmish... bret was with me basically the whole time, he left for a bit to sleep, which he didnt do really. the released me with a bacterial infection in a rather odd woman place(they were looking for a sisth on my ovaries... nuff said) and no explanation of the pain, at all, but i got vicoden for it...

then yesterday morning i woke up with massive pain, and they said if pain was worse go back, so when i got out of class i went back to desert banner, because i didnt learn the first time.. well i wat there with mom at 2pm, dad came round 4pm bret came round 6pm and vanessa came and stayed with me round 10pm. well, i wasnt allowed to eat or drink anything because the doctors ordered a NPO, which i actually understood, it translate into Nothing By Mouth... remember massive pain here.. so i got nothing for the pain, nothing to eat or drink, and i was dehydrated pretty bad... so round 730 maybe a bit later, this was after scott called and told me to yell at them, i finally got the courage, and poof, i got a liter bag of saline. :) still no pain meds though. so i was told that they were just waiting for a room to open up and to get me back, which finally happened round 1am. then the nurse gave my meds for vertigo, an inner ear imbalance which doesnt explain the pain i had AT ALL, but they treat dizziness. i was just fine, but in pain, and they made me dizzy and i wanted to puke, so they gave me stuff for that. then they sent me home! OK, i know their trying to do their job to the best of their ability, but to be honest, they forget who they are treating and just care about the number of PT's they can get in and out and where the decimal point on their check is. ER's are about helping people in an emergency situation. when a pt comes in, physician/pt relationship begins, and they have you sign papers saying you wont sue, but you can actually sure them, its all for something called malpractice and negligence.. man, going to school to be an MA REALLY helps you know what rights a patient has and what ones are violated in an ER. Ok, im done complaining, i feel really tired and i need sleep... so ya. i will keep you all informed to the best of my ability,

5 comments:

  1. --I still cant't believe that they treated you for something completely not what you went in for. I mean, come on . . . check out your history for goodness sakes. It would have taken what . . . 2 mitues of their precisou time. So gay Kat.
    --I can you one thing for sure, we will NEVER go back to Desert Sam again after our last little trip with Jay. We went in about 9pm and got out at like 9am. Jay had most of the signs for a mild stroke and it still took 9 hours to get a room and then another 2 hours before we saw a stupid doctor. During the time in his room, I went out a number of times and saw doctors standing around flirting with nurses. On my list of hospitals, Desert Sam is one of the worst to me.
    --Sorry nothing was done for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching a show with Obama and llike a town hall meeting about health care, and an er nurse or someone like that, was talking about how the Ers have been getting worse because the system is broken. Every time I have gone to the ER I know I will be waiting forever! I try now to go to urgent care because I will still be seen by doctors, less people, and less wait, oh and less expensive.

    Sorry you are having a sucky time trying to figure out what is wrong, but know that we are praying for you to get better and have the doctors know what to do.

    Emma wants to say hi-
    guffufuefufffufuifwijueurifu7hhdeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwfggigyigliffufgybtttyttytty7tttthuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufgguigueugfhuiufgfgfgg

    ReplyDelete
  3. urgent care sent me to the er... i had no choice but to go to the er

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could try going to a different ER. I also have found that if you say your pain is like a 9 or 10, they get you in faster. I would try to go to urgent care first as well. I know that there are times when th ER is the only place. I know that when I had my Kidney Stones the first time. It was like 5 or six hours at the ER. It took 3 of those just to be seen/ triaged! Thankfully urgent care can take care of that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i finally went to Gilbert Mercy off the 202 and Val Vista, SOOO much better now, as you may have noticed :) I was in, checked, tested, etc and out in bed in 7hours!!!!!! thats with an IV, Catscan, blood work, urine tests, the whole shabang! and get this, they helped me move, if i shifted a little bit, a nurse was right there to help me and try to assist me in any way! They all were so kind and helpful and just amazing people if you ask me. And they actually figured out what was wrong, top that Desert Banner!!! The whole pain issue was over a 5mm cyst that had ruptured. 5mm... that was it! Desert Banner did ever pelvic test and ultra sound to check, and couldnt find it... the catscan and blood work showed a clot, they took a better look and noticed this clot was 5mm... they did more blood tests and poof! my ruptured cyst pieces were finally noticed!!!!! So after a week of hospitals, im all better now, minus the pain every now and then part....

    ReplyDelete