Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wedding Bells!!!!!!!

It's official, I'M ENGAGED!!!!! :)



Ok, now time for the details since i know some of you are dying to hear them! ;)

After church, bret went home to change and then we came to mom's for some BBQ ribs... YUM!!! he brought his computer so he could work on his lesson, or at least thats what he told me...

anyways, well i decided i was gonna nap while he worked, so i passed out.. 3 hours later i wake up, i dont see him and so i texted him and he was all im in on the other couch working still... i said ok, went to investigate, and then got shooed away... and yes, i memorized what he said.. "Go back to sleep, you're gonna need it tomorrow. I'll come in there when I'm done, I'm almost done." haha.. right...

then like 20 minutes later, he CALLS me on the phone to go into the other room... THE OTHER ROOM!!!! lol

He wanted me to look over the powerpoint presentation aka slide show to make sure people could keep their interest, and since i'm the perfect test subject, it worked. I get to distracted easily lol.

Well he starts the slide show and the first thing i hear/see is "Then" by Brad Paisley, which we have declared out song.. us and most likely 500 other couples but hey, it works lol. Then the text "it all started with a phone call.." came up and then Sterling's picture and a picture of Sterling's phone lol then i got where it was going, and i think you all do to :) It went through our first date, six flags, utah trips, etc. totally cute! then right before it ended he was all "is that the time?!?" and i was like, ya... its 5:50ish why? "we were suppose to be at chris's to sign papers for the house at 5:30!" so i buy into him and we head out the door pretty fast. well, we get closer to the car, and he hands me a bag of M&M's that are all pink and white... i read the first one i could which said, "Kitty, marry me?" i turned around and kissed him and then he was all look, and i was like i read it! YES! and he was all no, look! and pointed to the seat(car door was opened for me) and i look down and on my seat is my ring!!!! then he verbally asked me with ring in my hand :) and of course i said yes!!!



So everyone, that's the big whole story! then we really did go over to Chris's house to sign papers, and right before i left i sent a email to as many people i could, then i got on facebook and then here, and ya... lol
The "BIG DAY!" is September 19th ish(depend on the Temple of course). The reason for it being so fast is because of my schooling/internship will be 10mos full time no breaks basically, and he didnt want to wait till march/april/may time to ask :)

So that's my BIG news!!!!! Love you all the same!
-the future Mrs. Bret Woodard :)

8 comments:

  1. So when exactly is the wedding date, since I know the two of you have talked about it. I'm just curious! (Congrats by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. September 19th is what were hoping for. No we're not like kirsha, i only have a two-week window before i have to be fully engaged with school and my internship... which wont end till march-may sometime... (boo!!!) but ya.. more details to come, i have to get busy planning!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH for the both of you! Since I know he will probobly read this. We are all glad for you here at our house. Like I said in my email, Jon laughed and asked if we were kidding. He was all smiles when he asked. We sent him up to tell the other boys, I haven't heard from them what they think yet. I told Richard he could tell people. Hope this was okay?! His parents were the ones I was thinking about at the time. Congrats again. Let us know when for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's totally fine with me :) the more heads up people have " the more presents we get!" as bret would say lol and were having the reception here, and then an open house in utah in like octoberish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course we are excited for you guys here as well. Now you have the fun joy of deciding all the little things that go into a wedding reception- yea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, dont respond to me email i just replied to. You already answered my question I asked ya in my email. The wedding date makes sense to me. Cool. That month just even more busy for me now. lol. Oh well! Need any help, let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH!!!! I am excited. I have been waiting to see it in print. I felt it coming for awhile, just from reading your posts and those of your siblings. NOt sure I could arrange things to be in AZ in Sept, but I will do what ever it takes to be to the open house in Ut in October-ish! Yeah for you! Bret seems like a really great guy. I had to tell my girls and they were all excited!!! Don't know if there is anything I can do from here, but if there is, let me know. If his family throws a shower in Ut for you make sure you invite me and all the girls. Yeah! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY congrats!!! It is way fun being married and also very hard! I am way excited for you! :) Like mom said please let us know when showers are and stuff!!!
    Much love
    you cousin
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete