Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sussical the Musical!

So tonight I went with a group of my friends, and Ryan, to go see our schools production of Sussical the Musical, and man was it funny!!!!! Ryan wouldn't let me "pay", which is funny seeing as full-time students get in for free, but he bought me a Pepsi and some Kitkats and we snuck them in and ate them inside, which if Trish EVER finds out, I think I would be dead. :)
Well, it being a school production, I knew basically all of the cast since most of them live either in the towers or are in my classes, so it was fun to watch people i knew dance like retards for a good hour or so. :) During the production, Horton (the Elephant we all know and love) was being played by my friend Thomas Mangum, had just had the clover the Whos lived on stolen from him by the "evil" Wickersham Brothers, who were played by Joshua Siegfried (leg Josh so you all know), Dylan Detlor and my good "little" buddy Bo Mortensen( who is basically Scott just shorter and with red hair, no lies same weird sounds and all). Well, the brothers took off throughout the theater and were just throwing it back and forth, and my group and I happened to be sitting "in their way" in the far right section of the seats. Josh comes running trying to catch the clover, and Ryan catches it, which i must say was an AMAZING catch! So what does Josh do? EASY! He sits on me until Ryan gives it back. (come to find out later after the show from Josh, him and Ryan had planned that little trick, and in fact, I have to go to ALL the shows so they can keep doing it since everyone was laughing so hard, meh, its free.) So he gives it back, and the show moves on, and it just gets funnier, and funnier, and then the most amazing thing happened, Simon, who played the Cat in The Hat, tripped! Not a little oops trip, I mean a WHOOPS fell off the stage into the orchestra pit trip! No worries, they had the net up and i think that was also planned, I have yet to get word about that. Anyways, shortly after the Cat-Trip, the first Act ended and intermission began, it was only a 15 minute one after all. So me, Ryan, Shon, Sarah, RJ, Skylar, Dayna, Marco and Jayde go outside to laugh and joke and so the 3 smokers in our group could get a little cancer in them. Me and Ryan decide its way to cold to be outside for very long, so we head in and of course the stupid Security guards, Jordan and Justin stop us. (i say stupid because we, meaning me and justin and jordan, pick on each other a lot.) Well they stop us, tell us that was a nice stunt we pulled, stealing the tickets for our seats, and passing out meth pills, huge joke, but the looks people around us gave were totally priceless! (College is so just High School extended i swear.)
Act II is getting ready to begin and were all sitting down to enjoy the show and Simon is up conducting the orchestra, wasting time basically. He was A Natural... ha ha, get it? A Natural??? okay, lame music joke. Moving on, Simon then disappears behind the stage, only to reappear behind the audience and he is running around trying to find a seat, and so he sits behind our row and is talking/singing to a cute baby, and the baby is just crying away, it was funny yet still kinda sad at the same time. Well, the second/last act went amazingly well for only being rehearsed for about a week or so, and no flaws, (except for the same grapevine-cross-over-box-dance steps we have dubbed the Delia-Dance), and it was just awesome to watch. I had so much fun hanging out with Ryan and watching Sussical! I'm actually glad I have to go every night it's playing, i think the more i see it, the better i can annoy the people in the musical by singing the songs!!! :)
After the show, we went out and talked with everyone in the performance, I found out about Ryan's little trick, and just talked with everyone! I have pictures, but sadly my computer doesn't have bluetooth so I can't put them on here seeing as their on my phone... Maybe tonight i can get good pics with my camera! :) But ya, anyways lol. We all met up at Denny's to celebrate, and while we were there, Dayna was totally wired on Mountain Dew, so she was talking really loud and the whole place is full of people who were either in Sussical, or who had friends in Sussical, so it was totally chill. Then before me and Ryan decide that 1AM is too late to be up if we were to play Racquetball at noonish on Saturday, today,( wow I'm still wide awake!!!), Dayna stands up, and bangs her spoon on her glass and says, "I want to make a toast! Not just any toast, but a toast to my weird friends!" we all just look at her, and she just starts naming people off and random inside jokes she has with all of us and then she gets to me and sarah, now sarah smokes still, i do not, (THANK GOODNESS!!!), so When Dana said, "This is Kat, she hasn't smoked in 11 days, and this is Sarah, she hasn't smoked in 11 minutes!" We ALL were dying of laughter! Now, I've forgotten how to breath, had things shoot out my nose, and even cried while laughing really hard, but NEVER, never until tonight, have i seen all my friends do the same thing i did at once. People had drinks coming out their noses, i was crying it hurt to breath, Ryan forgot how to breath, well, breath in at least, and just everything was a mess! Only after did Dayna's words kick in, and then she got a good talken to, by Ryan, because Dayna stands about a foot taller than me, and me yelling at her would just be even more funny. But ya, so my unexpected-date-turned-date, was fun. Especially since i got a goodnight kiss from Ryan. :) That made my night a thousand times better! Okay, so now that I have rambled on about my date/fun night, I think I'm going to go read and try and pass out before it gets too much later! NIGHT!
Always and Forever!
Me! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are weird for sure! That is funny that Ryan put you into the musical. I guess that means you will have a date every night for like the next week with Rrryyyyaaannn. OOOHHH! Hope things goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the musical as well. My kids enjoyed it also. We saw it when it was here in Phoenix.

    Glad to know that you are having fun on your dates. We want to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, photos are being uploaded to my computer as we speak! my friend lent me her memory card reader since mine grew legs.

    ReplyDelete